Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy #2) by Rosslyn Elliott


.

Title: Book Sweeter Than Birdsong
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Author: Rosslyn Elliott

First of all, my deepest appreciation to author- Rosslyn Elliott , publisher- Thomas Nelson and Booksneeze for this remarkably inspiring read! Thank you!

Book description:
This historical story started before civil war. Kate Winter was a petite, extremely shy and soft spoken young lady. In order to complete her degree in Otterbein College of Westerville, she required to pass her oration, and she screwed it! Anyway, she was given a second chance, so in order to overcome her fear to speak in public setting, she went for the audition in Ben Hanby(Otterbein's musical genius) musicale(as per forced by her highly demanding mom). Her voice was pure and admirably, and Ben had fell in love with her, so did his best friend Jone Frederick. Apparently, Kate'd got herself into a love triangle.

In the other hand, Kate had bored of being her mom's personal marionette(puppet). All this while she has planned her escape from home, but God has his own plan, ironically she ended up helping others to their escapes...!

Comments:
I truly enjoy this novel, it's melodiously written and utterly heart warming! I love Kate, and admire her courageous and kindness for the fugitives. While Ben captures my heart for his devotion for the abolition of slavery, the almighty God and his true love, Kate(how sweet~!). I was thrilled when I discovered the characters were truly exist in the past, but was devastated when learned that Ben actually passed away at the age of 33, and Kate has became a widow since then, how sad...

I certainly will recommend this book to all my book lover friends, it's a keeper! I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

Note: I received the this book from Booksneeze, and was not required to write a positive review for this book.

Your Reply