Review: Alias Dragonfly by Jane Singer


.


Title: Alias Dragonfly
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Pub Date: November 01, 2011
ISBN: 9781611940411
Author: Jane Singer
Category: FICTION - JUVENILE: Action & Adventure (incl. Interactive Adventures): Action & Adventure
The stage was set during Civil War, when United State was under the ruling of Abraham Lincoln. Fifteen years old Madeline Eve Bradford and her father Summoner Bradford sided Union(The Yankee), fought against the Confederate, the Rebel that despised and mistreated the slave(The Negros). While she was boarding with her Aunt Salome, she also met Jake Whitestone (or PAN the journalist), who she had an inclination to. Jake was later joined her as a Union spy.The first half of the book revolves around Madeline and her journey to become an Alias, spies who worked undercover. The second half of the book started her effort of providing intelligence with her special ability(Photographic memory and distinct hearing) for the Union.

I reckon I have not much interest in Politics nor battlefields. Hence this novel appears rather dull to me. Sad to say that I failed to connect with the story and the characters. Since it was categorized under adventure and action, it was rather a disappointment to me. I love adventures which I didn't find much in this book(Sigh). Nevertheless this book allow me to learn more about the historical Civil War.

Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Your Reply