There You'll Find Me by Jenny B.Jones


.




I have a mix feeling of HATE and LOVE for this book! The story is about an American teenage girl(Finley), who has lost her beloved brother(bombed by terrorist during his missionary) and at the same time, her faith for God. On her trip to Ireland, he met a renown and charming vampire actor(Beckett), someone who constantly mocking her yet assisted her in finding piece and puzzle of her late brother's memories. Generally, it's about Finley's journey of seeking hope and faith in God, at the same time helping(or perhaps inspired by)a cranky old lady.

This is a beautiful written, warm and touching story(especially towards the end). What I don't like about this book is Finley, she was vulnerable, sulky, pessimistic and at time can be really Psycho, which she eventually ended with eating disorder(She was a neat freak too)!! She certainly didn't portrait the usual quality of a core character, except for her compassion and her go-getter personality! However, Beckett in the other hand was just the dream guy for most ladies on earth. He was assertive, fun going and on top of that, he gave 100% efforts in his relationship with Finley! How sweet~!

My utmost respect for Mrs. Sweeney, whom I thought was a despicable old lady... scrap that! She sacrificed her life and happiness for her sister, despite wasted her life in bitterness and regret... how solemn!

Overall, this is a good read, I enjoyed it very much and can probably finish in one sitting!

Note: I receive the digital ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Gallery. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Jenny B. Jones



View all my reviews

Your Reply